Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Bake
Exclusive Catherine Fulvio recipe for Londis
This is a great recipe for sneaking vegetables into the children’s dinner! And of course you can add in some diced chicken or prawns too
300g fusilli or penne pasta
250g broccoli, cut into florets
1 onion, finely diced
200g mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and grated
150g soft cream cheese
150ml vegetable stock
100g mature cheddar, grated
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta, adding the broccoli for the final 4-5 minutes and cooking until tender.
- Drain well. Preheat to the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and mushrooms until cooked.
- Place the warm pasta, broccoli, onion and mushrooms in a bowl. Add the grated carrots and stir in the soft cream cheese, stock and half the grated cheddar cheese and all the parsley. Check the seasoning, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
- Spoon into a gratin dish, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake in the preheat oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden.