Mild Mid-Week Curry
Diced pork or chicken can be used in this super speedy mid-week meal – both flavours blend so well together.
2 onions, roughly chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 to 2 tsp curry powder, depending on how mild you like it
3 Glenmor Irish chicken fillets, diced or 3 Glenmor Irish boneless pork chops
2 Fresh Choice celery stalks, thinly chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ red chilli, finely chopped
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced evenly
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp Glenisk Bio natural yoghurt
Oil, for frying
Glenisk Bio Natural yoghurt, to serve
Naan bread, to serve
Rice, to serve
Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, cumin, coriander and curry powder and sauté for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the meat, celery, garlic, red chilli and sauté slowly for about 5 minutes before adding the
- Diced yellow pepper, sweet potato and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and leave to simmer, stirring from time to time until the meat is fully cooked. This will take about 20 minutes.
- If you feel that it is too thick, add a few tablespoons of hot water. Stir in the natural yoghurt. Sprinkle the top with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice, warm naan bread and more natural yoghurt