Sesame Salmon with a Sweet & Sour Salsa: Catherine’s Canadian Dish (Serves 4)
Featured on Episode 2 of Tastes Like Home with Catherine Fulvio on RTÉ One
For the salmon
600g fillet of salmon, skinned & cut into 4cm cubes
75ml oyster sauce
100g black sesame seed
2 little gem or baby romaine lettuce
For the salsa
1 cucumber, deseeded
6 tbsp. rice vinegar
½ tsp. salt
1 lime juice and zest
- Lightly coat the salmon with oyster sauce and cover with the sesame seeds.
- In a medium – hot frying pan, fry the sesame salmon until just cooked. Be careful not to overcook.
- For the salsa, cut the mango, strawberries, cucumber and carrot into very small cubes.
- Add the sugar, salt, lime juice and zest and the rice vinegar and let it macerate.
- Just before serving add freshly chopped coriander.
- With the lettuce make some nice bite sized “cups” add to each one cube of salmon and dress with the salsa adding mostly fruit and veg and just a little of the juice. Decorate with fresh coriander and serve immediately.