Hot Dogs with BBQ Glaze
Exclusive Catherine Fulvio recipe for Londis
Instead of using the oven, fire up the BBQ and enjoy cooking the sausages on that. And this glaze works really well on pork chops too!
Makes 4 hot dogs
For the glaze
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp mustard
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 jumbo Irish pork sausages
4 bread rolls, sliced and toasted
Tomato relish or mustard, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the sausages on a roasting tray and bake for about 20 minutes, turning a few times.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions in a little oil until soft and slightly caramelised.
- Brush the glaze onto the sausages and cook for a further 10 minutes until the sausage are cooked through. Baste with the glaze from time to time.
- To serve, spread relish or mustard (or both!) onto the toasted bread rolls, add in the onions followed by the sausages for a quick supper.