Diced pork or chicken can be used in this super speedy mid-week meal – both flavours blend so well together.
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 to 2 tsp curry powder, depending on how mild you like it
- 3 Glenmor Irish chicken fillets, diced or 3 Glenmor Irish boneless pork chops
- 2 Fresh Choice celery stalks, thinly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced evenly
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Glenisk Bio natural yoghurt
- Oil, for frying
- Glenisk Bio Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
- Rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
Heat some oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, cumin, coriander and curry powder and sauté for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring from time to time.
Add the meat, celery, garlic, red chilli and sauté slowly for about 5 minutes before adding the Diced yellow pepper, sweet potato and chopped tomatoes.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and leave to simmer, stirring from time to time until the meat is fully cooked. This will take about 20 minutes
If you feel that it is too thick, add a few tablespoons of hot water. Stir in the natural yoghurt. Sprinkle the top with coriander leaves.
Serve with rice, warm naan bread and more natural yoghurt